Thursday, June 18, 2009

Talk about ruffling Feathers

I rarely get comments on this blog, occasionally I get some from people who I know. Mostly good stuff or something funny. The previous post must have really struck a nerve to a few readers as I got plenty negative comments. I'm of the belief that any criticism is ok. At least then I know folks are reading. This one guy said I have no business talking about the Mercier Kilo TT. When I don't know who the rider is. Well, I don't remember saying I care who was riding it. I wouldn't car if it where a relative of mine. Though I would not be speaking to them. I just said they, (the bikes) have no soul. While certain bikes do have their place, (they meet a price point) of fit a budget (usually low). It's okay to say how you feel about them. Furthermore if you want your comment posted please have the balls to leave a name with your comment. Otherwise keep it to yourself. A crew of us went to NAHBS this winter and the two things you could say about the bikes on display. They had tons of character and plenty of soul. Perhaps because they built by humans. (by hand). Not just a spec sheet that was faxed to Taiwan. If that's what some people call a nice bike, so be it. Some people call Lite beer, beer. I call it a waste of money. Taking great names like Motobecane, Windsor, Dawes and Mercier. Marketing them to appear to be different brands and selling them to the masses, is just kinda shitty. For those who wrote and said this blog sucks, and I suck, thanks for reading. For those who like it, much love!

Sold at bikesdirect.com
Comes in many colors,
Free shipping,
Still ain't got no soul...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ronnus, I am heartily offended that you dislike differing bicycle brands! Why, you ask? pure blind hatred and rage for virtually no reason!... except I was drizzled on today and I hit my funny bone early this morning... AHH. So, wanna play softball like, soon? Maybe Wednesday. I know I've been a skanger and haven't stopped by in a while... I shall return... still angry about whatever it is you wrote about Motobecane. Seriously. Furious.

    ReplyDelete