Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hard to Post in Warm Weather

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Between the warm weather and how good beer seems to taste this time of year, posting has been tough. Lot's going on recently. My dad came into town earlier last week, and my right arm Carene, left town late last week. Luckily I'm left handed. While Carene was away, I had a wife for the weekend. I forgot how nice marriage can often be. The Lady Pillow Talk in Chicago and I went to a bike swap, tons of garage sales and Wolff's Flea Market at the Allstate Arena. I never knew how much the lady loved looking for treasures. Below was the haul from Sundays outing.

Having a wife was so much fun, that I didn't even mind the three-hundred stairs we had to tackle afterwards. I would highly recommend a shopping trip with the Lady, but you'll have a hard time over the next few months as I don't want her to shop with anyone else. Isn't she lovely?

In other news, we have been building some hot as hell bikes of late. Kristy and Matt picked up these bikes recently. Kristy's is a vintage Gitane mixte and Matt's is a Vintage Motobecane with Nervex lugs. Both are fine examples of rich French cycling history.


I had one hell of time convincing Lisa, that an old Peugeot frame would make one of the hottest bikes around. She now understands. The photos speak for themselves.


Stay tuned, lot's more hot stuff to come.


1 comment: